Its technical, Its bliss.... So here is Technical Bliss....

Is this the world we want to live in?

By Arpit On Tuesday, March 27, 2007 At 10:21 PM




When it comes to Internet, we (me and you) consider it a place to learn. share and enjoy. But it has a darker side too which can make any sensible and rational human being sick. Popular blogger Kathy Sierra of Creating Passionate Users have received several death threats and sexually abusive blog comments. She has cancelled her ETech presentations and got herself locked in home.
In her blog post Death threats against bloggers are NOT "protected speech" (why I cancelled my ETech presentations)

As I type this, I am supposed to be in San Diego, delivering a workshop at the ETech conference. But I'm not. I'm at home, with the doors locked, terrified. For the last four weeks, I've been getting death threat comments on this blog. But that's not what pushed me over the edge. What finally did it was some disturbing threats of violence and sex posted on two other blogs...

Internet provides a immense scope of anonymity, and I consider it a great gift. But I feel really sad when people use this facility for granted and cross the line upto the extent of serious criminal offense.

Just see where we are going. It this the world we all want to live in?


Labels: ,




>> Add your comments | Add to Technorati | Suscribe to feed | Skip to the Top <<








Looking for Something Else




Technical Bliss is now MeetArpit.com



Email Subscription


    Whenever this blog is updated, you will get it in your mail box. Your email id is completely safe.

    Enter your email address:



    Add this blog to your technorati favorite.
    Add to Technorati Favorites

Previous Posts



My Reader's Community



Feed and Bookmarks

My Blogroll


Credits


    BLOGGER
    Original template design by Arcsin
    pingoat_11.gif



More Me

Blog Poll



© 2007 Technical Bliss | About Us

Disclamer:
All the tricks, tips and hacks provided on this blog are correct up our knowledge. We dont take any legal or moral responsibilty of the damage arising due to use of information provided here.


^Back to Top of this Page^



Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License.